Occupational Health, Safety and Environment
Island Marine Construction Services Ltd. is committed to protecting the Health and Safety of our employees, clients, sub-contractors, the public and the environment.
It is the ultimate goal of Island Marine Construction Ltd. to achieve and maintain an injury and incident free work place. To this end, the company has developed, and is committed to, the continuous improvement of a comprehensive Health, Safety and Environmental Management System.
To be successful, the Health, Safety and Environmental Management System requires proactive individual and team involvement which includes personal accountability for actions and behaviors from all levels of management and staff. In this regard it is the responsibility and a condition of employment that all field employees, administrative staff, technical staff and management work jointly to:
- Maintain safe places of work while applying government regulatory requirements and recognized industrial codes of practice as a minimum at all times;
- Establish safe work practices within standard operating procedures and ensure training in their application to all stakeholders;
- Identify potential health, safety and environmental hazards inherent to operations and provide the protective measures necessary to eliminate or minimize such hazards while communicating findings and requirements to management, co-workers and others who may be impacted;
- Report and investigate all incidents or near incidents which have the potential to adversely impact human health, property or the environment;
- Understand individual roles and responsibilities as outlined within the company’s HSE Manual;
- Participate in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the Health Safety and Environment Management System including the establishment of the system’s objectives and targets;
- Encourage the participation of all co-workers and third party contractors in the safety effort through proper handling of safety suggestions and personal recognition, and;
- Promote off the job safety to assist employees in protecting themselves and their families from harm away from work.